Thursday, July 08, 2004

Well, I haven't moved into the new place yet. I'm sitting in the library after reading my emails because I have no phone at home and thus no internet access. We were supposed to close a week ago. Argh!

Have finished reading The Best American Mystery Stories 2000 and a book of haiku poems I found a few days ago at Half Price Books. The haiku was not so great, but it is part of a series I have two or three books of. This is the first (I think, I'm not sure because the others are in my office). It wasn't terrible, but I suppose I have found some more satisfying. Of course, with haiku, one's state of mind has much to do with how it is received. And I have not been in a great state of mind.

The mystery stories were fine. I'm glad I finished before the move, but with my books packed up, I'm reticent to start much else. I did begin reading a copy of The Greatest Story Ever Told by Fulton Oursler. I have this first edition that isn't in great shape and it somehow didn't get packed with the other stuff. So far, I've read three chapters. I like some; some I'm not too keen on. We shall see.

Still writing...a little. Haven't worked on the "grief" essay in a couple of days, but I think I'm nearing the end of the draft. I did finish drafting my first (can you believe it, after 40 years?!?) sestina. It is about the delay in moving. It is perhaps too dreamy, but I'm glad I finally did one of these. I think I'll do others.

Better run for now. Peace of Christ to all who read here.

No comments: